Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Resource Question

Question: I found your blog, thank you for all the information and practice questions and guide work. I am overwhelmed so far in my quest to study for the exam. Seeing your suggestions that I read SPE Textbook Series #1, #2, #12, and #4 and the 7 volume Petroleum Engineering books makes me think I need to start with a prep course to hone in on how to study efficiently. Based on commenters or private correspondence do you know which prep course is best suited for the newer CBT test?

Answer: I would merely 1) do as many practice problems as possible using the SPE Exam Resource. Once you've done that, you will have a solid idea of your weak areas and what resources you need to get. Only then would I consider taking a course as needed. Regarding which course, I think that depends on your specific weak areas. But since you will need to do practice problems anyway, start there.

No comments:

Post a Comment