Monday, October 1, 2018

2018 #2 Guidebook available

UPDATE 4: Today is 10/9/2018 and I'm nearly out of new books; to get one in time for the exam you will need to use Amazon.
UPDATE 3: The exam is in October; make sure your postage is fast enough to reach you in time!
UPDATE 2: Note as of 10/19/2018, I've sent out 6 and have at least 10 left so don't hesitate to send your old copy in.
UPDATE 1: Note the new paperback edition has "2018/#2" on the cover and different order to the TOC, so that's how you know you have the update.

The 2018 #2 Guidebook (2nd printing, Sep. 2018) replaces the 2018 #1 (1st printing, May 2018) for all Amazon orders as of 9/5.

This new version supports the Kindle Petroleum PE Problems: 2018 1-40 & 41-80 (that is, Guidebook Companion #5 & #6) for 80 new problems and 8 hours of study. New subjects are now added, such as MOC/PSM/emissions/recovery/stimulation/geology/etc/etc...

The 2018 Companion #6 (Problems 41-80) is available on Amazon. Since this is a Kindle book you can use it instantaneously upon download. As usual, I'll post solutions and answer any questions on this blog.

I'll also exchange older Guidebooks, even spiral versions (non plagiarized only). For those who don't want to give up their current copy due to the risk of shipping time, loss of personal notes, etc., I can work with this, *see the instructions below.

EXCHANGE RULES: Mail to MDD at: 2460 Belmont Dr., Anchorage, AK 99517 the following:

1. Self-addressed, USPS stamped 9x12 envelope (no UPS or FedX). 
2. Old Guidebook (*or just include the front & back covers, copyright plus few odd pages).
3. Where you bought it/order number.
4. Toss in $5 cash (no checks) to cover printing expenses.
5. No guarantees. I'll try and return a new copy ASAP but on a first-come, first serve basis as supplies last. For fast & guaranteed, use Amazon.

My entire purpose has always been to help other engineers (via blog, Guidebook, and Companion problems) and merely to break even money-wise. I hope to continue this tradition as time and funds allow. And I'm always available by gmail (mdavidgo) or this blog (use a recent comment section) for any questions or comments.

8 comments:

  1. I have the 2016 version from Amazon. I have made some my personal notes on it and don't want to exchange it at this time. David, could you please give a little bit more description on the updates? what is the percentage of the contents that are different from previous version?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see the list in the Amz description. The 2018 practice problems show the sort of problems that can't be solved using the older GB. And I'll be posting those solutions soon enough and you can check it out then.

      Delete
  2. I dont think you have to give it up. David just ask you showed that you bought the book. I'm doing the exchange. Hope i get it. If not, i still use my old version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Note I'm trusting everyone will trash the old version when they get the new one (this is why I want the covers & some pages).

      Delete
    2. Will be in the shredder for the old copy. as promised

      Delete
    3. Great one more reminder: make sure the self-addressed stamped envelope is big enough and has the desired speed USPS postage on it.

      Delete
  3. If i buy it from amazon right now i should get the new version not the old one? I don't think i have enough time to exchange it already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 2018 #2 Guidebook (2nd printing, Sep. 2018) for all Amazon orders as of 9/5. So only the newest version has been available from Amazon since 9/5.

      Delete