Thursday, June 14, 2018

Petroleum PE Problems 2018: 1-40

The 2018 Guidebook Companion is available on Amazon. I only publish these on Kindle to keep the cost <$10.

The sample problems look great on a smartphone or computer using the free Kindle app. The format displays two problems per page; all you need is scratch paper.

These problems reference the 2018 Guidebook exclusively (which has new sections and additional material). It also leans heavy on the SPE Handbook (although every problem can be solved using the 2018 Guidebook alone).

These practice problems were reviewed by three different 2017 PE exam takers, each giving it the thumbs-up. Harder than the 2016 and 2017 versions in my opinion (with some new twists) so I think they offer a challenge to nearly everyone. However, I personally find the 2016 version the most applicable to reality, and many agree with me. YMMV. I've been surprised at the diversity of opinion out there: one person's yawn is another person's bane.

My intent is to have problems 41-80 out by September; wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment